Monday, 14 May 2012

Review- Superdrug BB Cream

Hello!
At the moment, where I live is having an unexpected sunny spell. Although I am anticipating it changing and tipping down soon, I have been thinking about trying more summer appropriate makeup. One thing I really hate is feeling all hot and gross, and having a full face of heavy coverage foundation on. 
I decided to jump on the bandwagon, and try a BB cream! 
I'm sure you've all heard tonnes about BB creams, but if you haven't, I believe the gist of them is that they are a really light coverage cream, which moisturises, and often protects against sun damage.
 As they have a light coverage, they cover blemishes and even out skin tone, without feeling heavy.
Whilst in Superdrug recently, I noticed their new, own brand BB cream was on offer, so I snapped it up!
As you can see, this is way too orange for my skin. When will they create a BB cream for us pale girls?!
I was going to take a picture with this on my face, but I just looked too orange! On the plus side, it smells really nice (like sun tan lotion!), is really moisturising, and very easy to apply.
The coverage is really light, and if I were to wear it out, I would have to use quite alot of concealer under my eyes, on spots and around my nose to cover up the redness.

I wore this for about four hours before I took it off, and it showed no signs of wearing off, not that this product is very noticeable on the skin anyway! This contains some good ingredients, Vitamin C for a radiant glow, Hyaluronic acid to moisturise, caffeine to refresh the skin, and SPF 15.

The other thing I did notice was that in the photographs, the flash seems to make make the BB cream look shimmery on my hand. I'm not sure if that's just my camera, or the product. When I have more time, I will try it on the face again, and photograph to see if it shows up then, because that could be quite a big disadvantage to this product!

So overall, I liked this product, but I'd need it in a lighter shade! Although I would have to use quite a bit of concealer, I did like the finish, the coverage and how easy it was to apply. And the smell!
If you are slightly darker than me, and are after a really light coverage, I would recommend this.

Superdrug BB cream can be bought here, and instore for £8.99(currently £6.99!)

Does anyone have any recommendations for pale BB creams? Or super light coverage foundations?
Thanks for reading! :)

20 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with never being able to find shades light enough for my skin colour. Even the "ivory" shades in most brands are too orange!

    Lovely blog :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly! It's an absolute nightmare! Aw thanks so much! :) x

      Delete
  2. try out the dainty doll makeup range by nicola roberts! ive heard good stuff about it -especially suited for pale skinned :) but darnnn, i was hoping this bb cream wouldnt be so expensive :/ that price sounds like a joke! (not cos it doesnt sound like it works) but cos im skint! lol but thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is quite alot for a BB cream I thought anyway! But the dainty doll stuff sounds really good, thanks for the tip! :) x

      Delete
  3. the best is the NO7 one..is not orange at all on my skin and im pale..also has for all sort of skin types rather than just a standard one.I tried over 10 BB creams and the winne rfor me would be the No7 one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh fab thanks for the advice, I'll check it out! It's so handy that they do them for different skin types! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great review.. I found it helpful that your showing off the formula.. I hate when they're way too orange.. Im not sure if it's because you have light skin though because I have brown skin and it still happens to me all the time.. so annoying lol!.. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? Yeh I'm not sure who is actually that orange colour in real life! Thanks so much for reading :D x

      Delete
  5. Not to sound like a cheapskate (which I totally am :P ) but £8.99 sounds like quite a lot for a Superdrug's own product, maybe it's just me? at least you got it on offer!
    I hate it when you get a product that works well but the colour's just slightly too orange, foundation shopping for me when I don't tan is a nightmare!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is quite alot! Tbh even at £6.99 I thought it was pretty pricey, especially now that I can't even use it haha! Yeh it's so annoying, I'm tempted to start tanning just so that I can find a foundation/BB cream that is the right colour! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh no, that's so dark! I've been looking at a few BB creams recently and they all seem very dark for us paler ladies :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so bad! I was looking at the Garnier ones the other day, they are so dark! x

      Delete
  7. I think they need to make a 'super light' for us caspers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the light 17 BB cream from boots and I really like that. It was the lightest I could find and isn't orange at all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous, I'll have a look, thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Skin 79 BB creams are really good for paleness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the recommendation, I will check them out, been searching for a pale one for so long! :) x

      Delete
  10. I tried it in medium shade as I have olive skin and the color is ok for me, only big issue is it makes my eyes cry so much! Even if I try to avoid the eyes area, it still won't work and end up with very red and watery eyes. So I had to bin it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no what a nightmare, especially as the shade was right! :( x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, it really makes my day! I do reply to every comment, so be sure to check back in a few days! If you want a quicker response, you can tweet me on @RubesScoobs :)